I was hoping to get this blog done before the new year, but it wasn't to be. Too many good times to be enjoyed throughout the season and I couldn't resist being involved in the festivities. Not to worry though, because we're here now and that's what counts. :)
2010 has been a great year for me as I've had the privilege of working with some great people on some very cool music! I just wanted to share with you some tunes and videos from some of them and hopefully in the process I'll be turning you on to something you dig. This isn't in any particular order and there's a few different genres, so just have a listen to (and have a look at) whatever you like.
1. WARMACHINE'S sophomore effort "Left For Dead" was released earlier in the year during their tour with metal veterans W.A.S.P. Here's a link to a song called "Moving On."
2. APE came in the studio and cut some brand new material after promoting their debut full-length CD "Survival of The Fittest." This three-song offering entitled "...And Then There Were Two" shows a great deal of growth. Here's a tune from those sessions called "Man To Machine."
3. MORRE had their CD Release Party for their debut entitled "...Out There" back in January 2010 complete with belly dancers, additional backing vocalists and, of course, great music! Here's a link to "The Moment."
4. HAYLEY STARK have expanded their horizons after the release of their successful six song EP "Get Over It." Toronto's best acoustic duo came into the studio and together we produced three new songs with more of a full-band approach to complement their well-crafted guitar lines and vocal harmonies. Here is a brand new video for a track called "Skirt Is On Fire."
5. I've been having a lot of fun playing bass with MIND MECHANICS. These guys are serious musicians and they've kept my chops in check for sure. They've completed their third full-length album "Naked Singularity" and here's a track called "Consume Your Hunger."
6. And last, but not least, MAINGATE came in and we produced a hook laden five-song EP entitled "I Tried" which I believe is one of the most kick-ass debuts I've ever seen a band come out with. Check out "Sparkles And Fades."
I'm looking forward to being a part of many more projects in 2011 and checking out some great new music!! Thanks for listening!!