Thursday, August 11, 2011

ATTN: BANDS/MUSICIANS!! Do You Want To Be Good?

I just read a compelling (and extremely short) blog by Seth Godin entitled, "A Definition of A Leader..." and here it is:

Leaders lead.

Is that too simple?

Writers write. If you want to be a writer, write. And be sure to have people read what you write.

And leaders? Leaders lead.

If you want to be a leader, go lead.


So simple. And I think it applies to all the bands and musicians out there who are trying to get noticed and utlimately 'make it.' If you want to be a good band, then just be good.

I think we all know deep down when we're putting forth a half-assed effort. Make a committment right now to be good.

I know Seth's blog gave me a kick in the ass and I hope it did for you too. Here's to our success!! *raises coffee mug*

No comments:

Post a Comment